About Our Amazing Company:
Our company provides effective, pure, and accessible botanical skincare for the whole family while contributing to the health of the earth and its inhabitants. Our goal is to be known for our high quality products, happy employees, full transparency in our operations, and for our environmental & social responsibility. We strive for growth and efficiency throughout the company, which allows us to grow at a rapid rate and provide our natural products to households across the country. As such, we are looking to add a new face to our team to manage our production.
Please include a brief cover letter (1 paragraph) alongside a resume telling us a bit about you that your resume would not. Since we, as a company and as individuals, are all continuously growing, please include any information about yourself that you find relevant to this position that may or may not be directly related to the experience on your resume.
As a small team and family run business, the health and safety of our employees is of top importance. Please include information on your social distancing practices in your cover letter. While we do work with protocols in place, we depend on each others’ good judgement when out and about.
*** Please do not call, please send your resume & cover letter to Jobs@OAHerbal.com ***
Operations Manager Role Logistics
The Operations Manager will oversee all daily manufacturing and logistics operations to ensure standard operating procedures are followed and outputs are produced efficiently, on time, within budget, and to quality standards.The operation is primarily the in & out flow of raw materials, finished goods, and order fulfillment. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with company growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Seeking an operations manager who…
- Is fiercely determined and can problem solve unexpected issues
- loves a challenge
- Has internal drive with strong organizational and prioritization skills so you can exceed expectations
- Is results driven
Essential functions include
- Make & fill products (including lifting, squatting, standing, mixing)
- Ensure adherence to site health and safety procedures
- Manage human and material resources to meet production and fulfillment targets
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
- Manage inventory as well as warehouse, transportation, and other logistics processes
- Project manage day-to-day overall operations
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly reports for management team
- Investigates and analyzes operational problems and bottlenecks concerning throughput and quality
- Supports New Product Development, non-conformance investigations, continuous improvement initiatives, etc.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve Quality and Operational documentation including development and management of – policies, SOPs, Certificate of Analysis (COA’s), specifications, forms, ensure product traceability, including lot coding and product recall programs, etc.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting bi-annual physical counts; reconciling with data storage systems
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting. This includes training plans, developmental assignments, succession plans, and other activities that encourage the professional growth, continual improvement, efficiency and innovation by employees
- Oversees routine daily meetings to help align employees on efficient and safe operation
- Treats people with integrity and respect, and develops an environment of empowerment and commitment
- Passion for working in a values-based, mission driven, high-growth small business (Required)
- Proficiency in manufacturing processes, quality assurance, systems, calibrations, performing audits and testing.
- Strong abilities in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Logistics: 3 years (Preferred) or relevant experience
- Operations Management: 3 years (Preferred) or relevant experience
- Production Management: 3 years (Preferred) or relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, operations management, business management (preferred) or related experience
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Self-motivated, solutions driven and action-oriented
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills bringing positivity & professionalism to all interactions
- Must be a strategic thinker, planner, able to drive continuous improvement and achieve results.
- Firm understanding of KPI’s and delivering results.
- Ability to work under pressure with confidence and clarity to meet aggressive deadlines while managing business constraints
Must be capable of working in a manufacturing setting that may include loud equipment/machinery, vibration, dust, and exposure to heat from equipment. While in the manufacturing facility, personal protective equipment, such as eye/hearing protection, dust mask/respirator, hairnets, gloves, aprons, and non-slip footwear, will be required. As a natural skincare company, our facility is fragrance free. Employees are asked to refrain from wearing scented detergents, dryer sheets, colognes, and perfumes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Need to be able to stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position type/Hours of Work
Normal hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5 pm – including break time. Regular work week constitutes 40 hours, however, work hours may vary based upon project requirements, including weekends and holidays.
This position is exempt, and not subject to state and federal minimum wage or overtime laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why Join our Amazing Team?
We provide a happy, professional work environment which fosters growth, empowerment, kindness, and work life balance. We are a family operated company who cares about the well-being and success of our employees. As humans, we are all consistently striving to be more Amazing, so you will be surrounded by others who share your drive & passion to create incredible products, while maintaining a supportive, family like culture. As a rapidly growing company, there is room for long term growth, education, and success.
As a proudly woman owned business, our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability, family, or parental status. Women, BIPOC, and other minorities encouraged to apply. We believe that AMAZING people come in all different forms; as such, hiring, promotion, discipline, terminations, and wages are based solely off of performance and merit.